Epidemiologists are currently considering that this virus will follow the 80/15/5 percentages.
80% of the population will become infected, barely noticing any symptoms.
15% may develop pneumonia and need medical treatment.
5% will end up in the ICU.
Of 100 people becoming ill, 5 will end up in the ICU. In a population of 1 million, the number jumps to 50,000.
This can create a real health crisis, as there are not enough beds in the ICU units to house this amount of patients.
The current state of emergency is trying to slow down the propagation of the disease, to allow the medical system to take care of those that need it the most.
Do your best to stay healthy and help others do the same.
Seven Ways to Prevent Contracting the Corona Virus
- Avoid sugar. Sugar affects our general health and immune system. It impairs the function of the white blood cells, reducing our ability to fight infections. The more sugar with eat the longer our defense system will be disabled.
- Get enough rest. Getting enough sleep will build up your resistance against potential invaders.
- Eat properly. Include in your diet fresh fruits and vegetables. Garlic has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties. Ginger stops bacterial growth and keeps viruses at bay
- Take these supplements. Vitamin D3/K2 reduces your chances of contracting an illness.
Vitamin C protects the mucous membranes, the first barrier against infections.
Zinc, activates T-cells, an important part of our immune system.
- Wash your hands. Good hand washing (20 seconds) decreases the likelihood of spreading viruses to your nose, mouth, or other people.
- Acupuncture. Studies have shown that acupuncture helps increase the levels of T-cell defensive cells and cytokines that stimulate our response to inflammation and infection. The effects of an acupuncture treatment lasting days after a session.
- Dry brushing. Dry brushing stimulates the lymphatic system, helping the body fight off infections.
Ingredients of Honey-Lemon-Ginger Tea
Spiced with a hint of ginger, honey and lemon, this drink has long been used to treat sore throats and cold
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tea leaves, for every cup
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
How to Make Honey-Lemon-Ginger Tea
- In a pan heat 3 cups of water.
- Before it begins to boil add ginger.
- Just as it starts to boil add the tea leaves, lemon juice and honey.
- Strain it into a cup and enjoy!
Javier Cambero, El País. Spain
11 Delicious DetoxDrinks Recipes
Health Benefits of Ginger
Ursula Schmidt, LAc MSCM
520 Ocean Street
South Portland, ME 04106